Saturday, April 24, 2010

work day number three

This past Thursday was mostly spent digitizing film. Our group had used the majority of the film on the tape so it took a good chunk of the class to digitize it. We were lucky in being one of the first groups to digitize because I know of other groups who were not able to do this, which puts them way behind schedule. Now that our film is digitized we can finally begin the editing process.

Our grouped talked a little about our plan regarding editing. I think we are going to start editing on Monday if at all possible. I especially want this plan to work out so that I can start the sound editing as soon as possible. I have to wait for our film editors to finish their part so I can begin my editing.

Other than digitizing and discussing editing there wasn’t much we could do last Thursday. So, there isn’t much to blog about. So…I’m just going talk about some of my plans for sound editing. I’ve been thinking about what types of background music and sound effects to use in the film. I may have to add some sounds that the film didn’t pick up as well as tone some sound down. For example, when we were filming outside the microphone picked up birds more the words themselves. This may be a problem. As far as music is concerned, I’m not sure what to use that will not be copyrighted. I will probably try to get some music that my friends have recorded or try to stick with classical music. But I’m worried that I won’t have the selection that I would prefer to have, and this may make my job a bit more difficult.

I like it when a movie has music for a specific scene and the music obviously doesn’t match the scene. You may think I’m kidding but I’m not. For example, I believe this was used in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. There is a scene with a gunfight but the music is the main component of the scene and it doesn’t match the normal music that would be played in a scene like this. I think it makes the film more interesting. I would really like to try something like this but I’m not sure it would fit well into our film.  

Overall, I’m excited about my job in my group. It is what I’ve wanted to do since the beginning of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment