At last, it is our final day of class. The editing is well on its way to being done. Our film is finally wrapping up and I’m interested to see the final product. Our group is using our own editing software that our editor installed in her computer. This will be helpful because we won’t have to fight over using the computers in the ethnography lab. Hopefully, we can get our film done in a timely manner.
Today in class we didn’t have to do much and the majority of the class did not stay the whole time because their groups didn’t have much to do, as well. I found out today that we will have to do a few voice over’s because in two of the scenes the sound is poor. Our editor said that the mine and the other actor’s voices were hardly intelligible. But these scenes are rather short, so it shouldn’t take too long. Also, we decided last minute to let Elizabeth edit the film and Eric and me will do the sound together because I did much of the acting.
As far as the sound for the film is concerned, we are going to try to find free songs online so that we don’t have to worry about copyright infringement. If we do use more popular songs, our group plans on using instrumental versions of them so there are no lyrics. I don’t know if we will have any sound effects because our group hasn’t discussed this yet. I guess we’ll see how it goes when the sound editing starts. There may be no need for sound effects at all. It we do use them I believe there are numerous places online to get free sound effects. This is what we will likely use for our film.
All in all, I am happy with how our film is progressing. I must admit I was worried about finishing it last week, but now I am confident we will finish with ease. I am a little worried about showing the film next Thursday. I don’t know how I feel about the entire class seeing me on the “big screen.” Maybe I’ll just take a five-minute bathroom break during my film so I don’t have to be there when the class watches it. However, even though I’m worried about the showing I’m excited to see how it will turn out.
I would lilke to say a job well done to everyone.
ReplyDelete